Ronald Brak

Because not everyone can be normal.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Book Comment - Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian

My first impression of the sex scene on pages 450-451 of the large print version was that it was a little unrealistic, particularly the whole shoving of his head in her mouth thing. However, after doing a little research on the internet, I discovered that it was actually very accurate. I must congratulate Patrick O'Brian on doing his research. But what I don't understand is how he managed to learn about the behaviours he described, as back when he wrote the book in 1970 the internet hadn't yet been invented. But, I guess it is quite possible that the author learned about those strange acts first hand by hanging out in the bushes. I must admit this is something I did a fair bit of myself as a lad, although I never did come across two praying mantises mating.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home