Ronald Brak

Because not everyone can be normal.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Book Review: The Adventures of Four Busty German Women Who Can't Afford Adequate Clothing

I recently finished the modern German novel, The Adventures of Four Busty German Women Who Can't Afford Adequate Clothing, by Gross Wundarbusen.   It's a good read, but I think it probably loses a little something in the translation.  

In this age of ultraslim electronic book readers, I have to say that I admired the paperback's sturdy spine and light weight that made it very suitable for reading with one hand.

With regards to the story, I'm sorry to say that all the ins and outs of the plot got a bit repetitive at times, what with the constrant string of sticky situations the Frauleins got themselves into, but towards the end it picked up the pace and bounced along at a good speed before finally coming to a satisfying climax.

I heartily recommend the novel to anyone with an interest in modern German literature, and to anyone who wants a close up and personal view of the effect of the Euro crisis on young busty German women and how it turns every transaction from plumbing services to pizza delivery into an informal sector transaction. Reading it, one cannot help but be shocked at the declining tax base of the German state.

And I will say that the book reinforced my previous view that Germans are kind and generous people. Despite the nasty reputation they got in the last world war, if you are on fire Germans will piss on you. And quite frequently also when you're not.

So how many stars do I give it?  Well, none so far.  Just one large splotch.
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home