Ronald Brak

Because not everyone can be normal.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Titantic Sank 100 Years Ago? It Seems Like It Was Only 1997.

The internet is an amazing thing. Today I thought to myself, "Hey, didn't the Titanic sink in 1912? Isn't this year the 100th aniversary?" But I managed to convince myself that I must have been wrong about the Titanic sinking in 1912 because I hadn't heard of anyone trying to capitalize off the fact. Turns out the Titanic did of course sink in 1912 and vast numbers of people had tried to cash in on the fact with a mini series, documentaries and rereleases of old material, but I had completely missed it thanks to the internet. I don't have a newspaper subscription, my TV has no aerial, and I don't listen to radio. Basically, if Brad Delong in Berkeley California doesn't mention it in his blog I don't know about it. I think this is mostly a good thing, because I have no desire to listen to a load of stuff I've already heard about the Titanic, but I do wonder if I am missing out on some important stuff. So I'm making more of an effort to expand my horizons and not just keep reading the some blogs and checking the same sites. I've already been rewarded. I've discovered a bizarre Korean pop video called "Gangnam Oppen Style" you might want to check out. I think it has the potential to go viral.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home